On 9 January 2021, VFW Post 12190 dedicated the Post Building in honor of Mrs. Marianne Daskal. We would not be where we are without the generosity of the Daskal family.
Join Post 12190 on Saturday, 9 January 2021, for a U.S. Flag Retirement Ceremony. This community service event partners with local scout troops to properly and respectfully retire US Flags that are no longer serviceable.
Tuesday 12 Jan is Beer Brats and Sauerkraut, Tuesday 26 Jan is Taco Tuesday, every Wednesday in 2021 is "Wing Night", and "Steak Night" continues this year every-other-Saturday starting 9 Jan.
New Member Swearing In
- Have you sworn into the post yet? Swearing in new members happens at each Post Meeting.
- There is currently a financial incentive program running until July. The Post will receive extra money for every single member sworn in during this time. But we only receive the money if you get sworn in, that is the qualifying event.
- If you have not been sworn into the Post, then now is the time!
GA War Veterans Nursing Home needs supplies- keep it coming
- Last year Post 29717 supported the GA War Veterans Nursing Home (aka The Blue Goose) with 3 large donation deliveries
- Their need never ends, I hope your generosity will not either. We will continue to support our Brothers and Sisters at the Blue Goose for the years to come.
- They are specifically asking for the following items:
Brand names do not matter, if it helps your dollar go farther, buy the less expensive brand.
- Denture Cream
- Skid Resistant Socks- Need to have a rubber bottom, regular socks are not allowed.
- Shampoo and Conditioners
- Razors- these get discarded after 2 uses, so inexpensive razors are fine.
- Shaving Cream
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - On behalf of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, I would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Dr. Richard Stone for the outs...